viral pink eye treatment at home | What is keratitis, how can an eye infection be treated at home, and what are the ways to treat viral eye redness.
Although eye health problems such as diseases, infections, allergies, and so on are not health problems that cause panic and fear in people, but eye problems are the most annoying health problems for the patient. Because the eye plays an indispensable role in daily life.
In this article from the Jamal Health website, we will learn about viral eye inflammation, its causes and the difference between it and its bacterial counterpart, and we will learn about the treatment of this inflammation in various ways in order to maintain eye health .
What is a viral eye infection (viral pink eye treatment at home)?
Before getting acquainted with the treatment of viral eye infection at home in different ways, we will first get acquainted with valuable information about this inflammation:
- Viral ocular inflammation or conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the mucous substance that surrounds the eyelids from the inside and covers the inner part of the eyeball up to the cornea.
- The proportion of patients with some degree of inflammation reaches 20%.
- In all cases, the eye may be susceptible to this infection, with or without lenses.
- The condition increases among boys and young adults, especially the group whose ages range from five to twenty years.
- This inflammation is active in people who suffer from eczema, asthma, or seasonal allergies.
- This inflammation usually appears in the spring, and subsides in the fall and winter.
- Many children with it recover by early adulthood.
- Medical studies dating back to the previous year confirmed that 80% of cases of eye redness are caused by viral eye inflammation.
- When one eye becomes infected, the second eye quickly catches the infection within 24 hours.
After we mentioned valuable information about viral eye inflammation and before learning about the treatment of viral eye infection at home, let’s get to know the main cause of this inflammation now:
- The main cause of viral conjunctivitis lies in infectious conjunctivitis, which has a high ability to transmit quickly between people.
- Contamination of hands by touching tears in the eyes or using contaminated objects such as sleeping pillows, children’s toys, etc. are direct vectors of this infectious infection.
After we learned about viral eye inflammation and its main cause, we will now begin to identify the treatment of viral eye infection at home using natural herbs:
Onion and honey recipe:
The onion and honey recipe is one of the alternative medicine methods used to treat viral eye infections at home:
- Onions are distinguished by their ability to counteract bacteria that may be found in different areas of the eye.
- Honey is blessed with antibacterial features that may be exposed to the eye, and also has the ability to reduce eye fatigue.
- All you have to do is bring a spoonful of onion juice and the same amount of honey and drip the mixture into the eye.
- Fennel is characterized by containing vitamin A, which is one of the important elements for the eyes.
- All you have to do is bring a spoonful of fennel and put it in a liter of water.
- After that, you have to boil the mixture
- Now that the temperature of the mixture is suitable for you, that is, it does not pose any danger to you, you must filter the mixture and distill it in the eye.
After all we have mentioned about the ways to treat viral eye infection at home, let us now learn about the second methods that we will mention to treat this inflammation, which is with honey:
To take advantage of honey in the treatment of viral eye infection, you can resort to the recipe of milk and honey as follows:
- All you have to do is mix one tablespoon of organic honey with one tablespoon of whole milk.
- The mixture must be mixed until it is smooth.
- The mixture must be instilled into the eye by two or three drops.
- This recipe has undeniable benefits in treating various eye health problems.
After all we talked about about viral eye infection, we will now mention how to treat eye infection with tea:
- All you have to do is bring bags of black tea and put them in hot water and wait for it to boil.
- After that, you must wait until the bags have cooled down and then place them over the diseased eye for a period ranging from ten minutes to a quarter of an hour.
- This method can be applied three times a day until the symptoms disappear.
- The diseased eye can be washed with tea before applying this method, but this may cause complications for some.
Treatment of viral eye infection in children:
We will now explain how to treat children’s viral eye infection:
Cold and warm compresses:
- Cold compresses have the ability to relieve some problems caused by inflammation of the inner eye, such as itching.
- Warm compresses also have the ability to soothe the eyes and have the ability to prevent eye secretions such as yellow secretions from drying on the eyelashes.
- All you have to do is soak a piece of cloth in hot or cold water and rub the eye with it.
After all we have covered about viral eye infection treatment at home, we will now learn the difference between viral and bacterial eye infection:
In general, there are many points of difference between bacterial and viral infections, including:
- If we compare the types of viruses present with the types of bacteria, we will find that the number of viruses is many times the number of bacteria.
- It is easier to check the presence of bacteria than to check the presence of viruses.
- All types of bacteria have antivirals, unlike viruses.
Eye drops to treat inflammation of the eye:
After we mentioned the details about the treatment of viral eye infection at home, we will now finally learn about drops to treat eye inflammation:
- First of all, it is necessary to consult a doctor before using any drops.
- Neo Pol – Neo Pol .
In this article, we have learned about viral eye infection, its causes, the difference between it and its bacterial counterpart, and ways to treat viral eye infection at home.