Normal baby weight by age:
Normal baby weight by age | How can a child’s weight be calculated in relation to his age, when the child’s weight is considered abnormal, what is the weight and height of a child at the age of one and a half years, what is the weight of a five-year-old child, and how much does a 7-year-old child weigh? hormonal or healthy.
After the weeks of pregnancy and calculating the pregnancy, the baby comes and the parents think with him, is the child’s normal weight? And does he suffer from health problems, especially in female newborns, where we see many mothers who ask about the normal height of the girl according to age and how much the normal weight of the child at the age of 3 years, all of these topics we will talk about in today’s article from the health beauty website, as you can refer to an article About increasing height for adults .
Calculating the child’s weight for his age:
There are many scientific methods that doctors use in order to know the normal weight of the child according to age:
Calculating the weight of the child using the medical arithmetic equation:
- The normal weight of a child for his age can be known by a simple mathematical equation. Here is how to find out the normal weight of children.
- Mom and Dad can calculate the ideal weight for children by multiplying the child’s age by 2 and adding 8 to the result.
- As an example, if your child is 9 years old, this means that his weight is 9 x 2 + 8 = that his weight should be about 26 kg.
Calculating the weight of the child according to the birth weight:
The normal weight of the child can be calculated by age, and the age of your child can be used to determine his weight by determining the weight of my child at birth and adding the following equations:
- The weight and height of the child at birth varies and varies with the growth of the child. The average weight of the child at birth is 3-4 kg.
- The ideal weight for a child at birth is about 3.5 kg.
- The weight of the child is calculated one month after birth by adding the birth weight + 1 kg.
- As for calculating the baby’s weight after two months of birth, the baby’s weight at birth is +1.5 or 2 kg.
- The weight of the child in the fourth and fifth months is the weight of the child at birth times 2.
- As for calculating the weight of the child at the age of one year and one and a half years, the weight of the child at the time of birth is multiplied by 3.
- The weight of the child after two years can be calculated by calculating the weight of the child at the time of birth multiplied by the age of the child.
- As for calculating the weight of infants under a year, their weight can be calculated by adding 9 to their age in months and dividing by 2.
When is a child’s weight considered abnormal?
The normal weight of the child according to age depends on several factors, and when the child’s weight differs from the normal, there is a satisfactory problem, the doctor must be consulted at the time. If the weight of the infant at birth ranges between 2.5 to 4 kg, he will lose 10% of them after birth as a result of fluid loss, but he restores them quickly.
Factors that affect a child’s weight:
The normal weight of the child is calculated according to age, as we explained in the previous paragraph. It is necessary to know that there are many factors that affect the weight of your child, the most important of which are:
- The diet that you follow during pregnancy in determining the weight of your fetus, so food during pregnancy is very important from the beginning of pregnancy and in the 30th week of pregnancy until birth.
- You should also stay away from smoking and drinking alcohol during pregnancy because this causes great harm to the fetus.
- Treatment of obesity and overweight diseases that may cause gestational diabetes. A diet for nursing mothers to lose weight .
- Many birth problems are related to age, one of which is the weight and size of the infant.
- Younger women give birth to smaller and heavier children.
- Calculation of the normal weight of a child varies according to the age between the male and female newborn.
- Usually the weight of the male newborn is more than the female.
- Women in their first childbirth usually have a baby of a small size.
- In cases of twin pregnancies, the weight of the newborn will often be low.
- Some pathological problems and birth defects may cause a decrease in the weight of newborns.
Weight and height of the child at the age of one and a half years:
- We have shown you how to calculate the normal weight of a child according to age. In the ideal case, the child’s age at the age of 17 months is about 10.7 kg, and it can be from (9 kg to 13 kg).
- As for the ideal height and weight for a child at the age of 18 months or at the age of one and a half years, it is 11 kg and it may be (from 9 kg up to 13.5 kg).
Normal weight for a 3-year-old:
- At the age of 3 years, the ideal weight is 14 kg, the normal weight of a child ranges from 12 kg to 17 kg.
- As for the normal weight of a child at the age of two years, it is about 10 g to 14.5 kg, and the ideal at the age of two years is 12.5 kg.
The normal weight of a child according to age and sex varies at the age of five years, where it is:
- The weight of a male child at the age of five years is about 18.5 kg and his average length is about 109 cm.
- As for the weight of a female child at the age of five years, it is about 18 kg and the ideal average height is 108 centimeters.
How much does a 7-year-old weigh:
The normal weight of a child according to age and sex at the age of 7 years is as follows:
- The ideal weight for a male child of 7 years old is about 19 kg and up to 22 kg.
- As for the ideal weight for a 7-year-old female, it should be about 18 kg to 21 kg.
Table of height and weight by age:
Table of normal baby weight by age and height:
Normal height for a girl according to age:
The normal weight of a child according to age varies from female to male in a small way. As for the normal height of a girl according to age, it is:
- The female is 6 years old, her normal length ranges from 114 cm to 115 cm.
- The length of the female increases from the age of 6 – 8 about 12 cm.
- This means that the normal length of a female at the age of 8 years is about 126 cm and up to 127 cm.
- The ideal length of a female at the age of 12 years is about 152 cm.
- You can also see the table in the previous paragraph to find out the ideal length for each age.
Causes of underweight children:
The weight and height of the infant or young child is left behind according to a number of factors that determine the weight and height, and the most important of these factors are:
Not eating enough:
- Most cases of thinness in children are caused by not eating enough food and calories needed for the growth of their bodies.
- Children should be given food according to their daily need for calories, but the problem is that children do not appreciate how much they need food.
- Also, some children are preoccupied with playing all day long, which leads them to stop eating.
- In addition to expending many calories while playing throughout the day.
- Children may suffer from problems in the mouth and digestive system that affect their eating well.
- Among the digestive diseases that lead to the thinnest children, cleft palate and cerebral palsy.
- Problems in the pancreas cause indigestion and make eating difficult. In this case, the color of the stool is greasy with an unpleasant smell.
- Some gastrointestinal diseases such as Celiac disease and Crohn’s disease cause debilitation in children and prevent weight gain.
- One of the problems of the glands that cause thinness in children and adults is hyperthyroidism.
- The activity of the thyroid gland leads to increased burning and the inability to gain weight.
- Heredity plays an important role in thinness and obesity. There are bodies that are naturally obese, and there are bodies that do not accept weight gain.
- Hereditary thinness problems result from genetic disorders that cause the child to be unable to grow and gain weight.
Treating the thinnest children in simple and easy ways:
We got to know the normal weight of the child according to age. In the event that your child suffers from thinness and is less than the ideal weight for his age, you can follow the following tips in order to treat the problems of thinness in children:
- Increase the number of meals by providing 3 meals to the child with 2 additional meals in between.
- You should also feed the child a lot of nuts, as they help in gaining weight and gaining intelligence.
- You can also use Cerelac mashed fruits with milk and yogurt .
- Try to use milk instead of water when making meals for your child.
- You can also add avocado to your child’s diet, potatoes and various soups.