do i have gestational diabetes quiz
do i have gestational diabetes quiz
do i have gestational diabetes quiz | When does gestational diabetes begin to appear | When is the sugar high in a pregnant woman and what are the symptoms of gestational diabetes in the first months
do i have gestational diabetes quiz
do i have gestational diabetes quiz | When does gestational diabetes begin to appear | When is the sugar high in a pregnant woman and what are the symptoms of gestational diabetes in the first months and how much is the sugar level in a pregnant woman in its normal position and how do I know gestational diabetes is high, all of these topics we will answer in today’s article from the health beauty website.
After we learned how to calculate the menstrual cycle to calculate pregnancy, and what are the signs of pregnancy, and matters of the pregnancy calculator, childbirth and the sex of the fetus in our previous articles, let us know today when gestational diabetes begins to appear, what are its symptoms, and how gestational diabetes can be prevented and the health of the mother and fetus.
How do I know gestational diabetes is high:
So know when sugar begins to appear pregnancy must know the ways that enable us to know the high diabetes pregnancy , namely:
- It can be confirmed that gestational sugar is high by measuring blood sugar and the examination is an hour after the blood sample is taken.
- If a pregnant woman’s blood sugar exceeds 140 mg/dL one hour after taking the sample, the doctor will take a new sample after 2 hours and 3 hours.
- If the ratio is found to be higher than 140 mg / deciliter, this indicates that the pregnant woman has gestational diabetes.
When is high blood sugar during pregnancy?
According to the research and studies of the American Diabetes Association, the possibility of a pregnant woman developing diabetes increases with age, and the normal diabetes rates are as follows, and if they are exceeded during the examination, the sugar is considered high in the pregnant woman:
- In fasting states, the blood glucose concentration should be less than 95 mg/dL.
- As for the concentration of sugar in the first laboratory examination, one hour after taking the sample, in the normal case, it should be less than 180 mg / deciliter.
- The blood sugar level for sampling should be less than 155 mg/dL.
- Also, the glucose concentration 3 hours after taking the sample should be less than 140 mg/dL.
Pregnancy sugar level:
In order to know when gestational diabetes begins to appear, we must know the level of sugar in a pregnant woman in the normal situation:
- In the early morning hours and before breakfast, the sugar level when pregnant should not exceed 95 mg / deciliter.
- An hour or two after eating, the blood sugar concentration of a pregnant woman should not exceed 120 mg/dL.
- It should also appear in the blood analysis that the cumulative sugar level is 6% or less (it is considered inaccurate in the first months of pregnancy due to the change in the size of red blood cells).
What are the symptoms of gestational diabetes in the first months:
Symptoms of gestational diabetes in the first months are multiple, as the increased rate of sugar in the blood of a pregnant woman is accompanied by several symptoms that appear, the most important of which are:
- Gestational diabetes is accompanied by a feeling of extreme thirst.
- The pregnant woman also feels tired, lazy and lethargic.
- Urination also increases in pregnant women (a common symptom in diabetic patients as well).
- The appearance of some infections in the vagina and skin.
- Dehydration is a dangerous thing for the life of the fetus and for the amniotic fluid that preserves it.
- Vision problems where the vision sometimes becomes blurry.
- Craving for sugary foods.
- Constant tingling sensation in the hands and feet.
- These symptoms continue at the same rate if gestational diabetes continues without treatment in the second, third and fourth months of pregnancy as well.
Symptoms of gestational diabetes in the fifth month:
Symptoms of gestational diabetes increase in the fifth month than in the first four months if it is not treated and dealt with properly:
- The feeling of thirst increases greatly.
- The pregnant woman also feels hungry most of the time.
- In addition to the increase in urination.
- Nausea and extreme fatigue.
Symptoms of gestational diabetes in the sixth month:
Symptoms of gestational diabetes in the sixth month begin with a rise in the amniotic fluid around the fetus in the womb and the symptoms appear similar to the previous months of pregnancy, but are more severe:
- An intense desire to eat with significant weight loss.
- Paleness in the face and the appearance of signs of fatigue and the appearance of some wrinkles of the skin.
Symptoms of gestational diabetes in the seventh month:
Symptoms of gestational diabetes in the seventh month appear more on the pregnant woman and may lead to premature birth before the completion of the 37th week of pregnancy:
- The cravings and desire to eat increase with more weight loss.
- Excessive thirst and dehydration in the body must be compensated to preserve the life of the fetus.
- Frequent urination, tiredness and extreme lethargy. You can also identify the 30th week of pregnancy .
Foods that lower gestational diabetes:
When suffering from gestational diabetes, you must follow a healthy diet, especially for gestational diabetes, and eat food that helps reduce sugar levels in pregnant women. Foods necessary during pregnancy to reduce sugar levels in pregnant women include:
Eat vegetables (do i have gestational diabetes quiz):
- You should eat more green leafy vegetables when suffering from diabetes during pregnancy.
- Eating a lot of lettuce, watercress, spinach and broccoli, as they are iron-rich elements to combat anemia (raising iron for pregnant women).
- Vegetables are also a rich source of fiber and protein. Fiber helps the liver to regulate the secretion of insulin, which controls blood sugar levels.
Omega 3 (do i have gestational diabetes quiz):
- Omega-3 can help a pregnant woman with diabetes, so it is recommended to eat fish when you know you have gestational diabetes.
- You can also eat walnuts and nuts in general (the benefits of omega-3 for women ).
Eat fruit (do i have gestational diabetes quiz):
- When you have diabetes, you should eat a lot of fluid-rich fruits such as watermelon.
- You should also eat fruits rich in potassium, such as bananas, when you have diabetes.
healthy fats (do i have gestational diabetes quiz):
- The body needs to eat healthy fats, especially the pregnant woman, in order to maintain her health and the health of her fetus.
- From healthy fats, olive oil , avocado and chia seeds . ( Olive oil for pregnant women ).
How did you find out about gestational diabetes?
Pregnant women often ask themselves how you discovered gestational diabetes, and to answer simply, you can read the symptoms of gestational diabetes, and if you have 3 of the previous symptoms, you must do a diabetes test immediately.
At the end of an article do i have gestational diabetes quiz:
We learned in an article when gestational diabetes appears, how gestational diabetes begins to appear, and what are its symptoms in the different months of pregnancy, and how they differ from the normal symptoms of pregnancy. Consult your doctor and do a blood sugar test if you have the symptoms of gestational diabetes that we mentioned.
If you have more questions, you can leave them in the comments so that the competent team will answer them.