what does tumeric do for the body
what does tumeric do for the body
what does tumeric do for the body | What is curcumin? Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has strong anti-inflammatory effects
what does tumeric do for the body:
what does tumeric do for the body | What is curcumin? Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has strong anti-inflammatory effects and is a powerful antioxidant. The curcumin in turmeric does not suffice the human need, so it is eaten through foods that contain large amounts of curcumin.
Curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. Therefore, black pepper should be used with it because it contains piperine, a natural substance that enhances the absorption of curcumin.
Curcumin is fat soluble so it may be a good idea to take it with a fatty meal. Let’s learn in this article about curcumin, what are the benefits of curcumin and how to use curcumin?
Curcumin Benefits (what does tumeric do for the body):
- Curcumin pills contain curcumin in a high concentration that cannot be obtained when consuming turmeric.
- Curcumin pills contain piperine, which facilitates the absorption of curcumin into the blood .
How to get curcumin:
- Curcumin is extracted from the turmeric plant, so it can be consumed naturally in food. Learn about the benefits of turmeric for the body .
- Curcumin extract can also be obtained by taking curcumin pills.
What are the benefits of curcumin?
Curcumin is an anti-inflammatory (what does tumeric do for the body):
Among the benefits of curcumin for the body is that it helps treat infections and is a natural anti-bacterial:
- Curcumin is a very important natural anti-inflammatory compound.
- It also helps your body fight harmful bacteria and germs and has an important role in repairing damage.
- Acute short-term inflammation is beneficial, but it can become a major problem when it becomes chronic and seriously attacks the body’s tissues.
- Chronic inflammation causes heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer’s disease, and various degenerative conditions
- Curcumin is so powerful an anti-inflammatory that it is equivalent to the effectiveness of some anti-inflammatory drugs, without the side effects
- It blocks NF-kB, a molecule that travels to the nuclei of your cells and turns on genes related to inflammation.
- NF-kB is also believed to play a major role in many chronic diseases.
- Curcumin is a bioactive substance that fights inflammation at the molecular level.
Curcumin is beneficial for brain health (what does tumeric do for the body):
Among the benefits of curcumin for the body are that it helps maintain a healthy brain:
- Curcumin enhances brain-derived neurotrophic factor, and is linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain disease.
- It also boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in your brain.
Curcumin is good for heart disease (what does tumeric do for the body):
The benefits of curcumin for the body are numerous, the most important of which is that it maintains a healthy heart:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Curcumin improves the function of the endothelium, which is the lining of blood vessels.
- Endothelial dysfunction is a major driver of heart disease.
- It is also as effective as exercise, while another study shows that it works as well as atorvastatin.
- Curcumin reduces inflammation and oxidation, which play a role in heart disease.
Curcumin prevents and treats cancer (what does tumeric do for the body):
Curcumin helps in the treatment of cancer and also prevents its occurrence:
- The herb curcumin is useful in cancer treatment and affects the growth, development, and spread of cancer at the molecular level.
- It also contributes to the death of cancer cells and reduces the formation of blood vessels and the spread of cancer.
Curcumin is useful in the treatment of Alzheimer’s (what does tumeric do for the body):
Among the benefits of curcumin for the body is that it helps in the treatment of Alzheimer’s:
- Curcumin is useful in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s disease which is a major cause of dementia.
- Learn about Alzheimer’s treatment .
How to use curcumin (what does tumeric do for the body)?
- Curcumin is eaten by adding turmeric spices to different foods, and it has a strong effect when added to fatty foods with black pepper.
- Curcumin is taken with curcumin pills, which contain high concentrations of it and also contain piperine.