eyelid surgery | Many women want to increase their beauty, and the first thing that comes to their mind is to perform an eyelid lift if they suffer from the problem of sagging eyelids,
eyelid surgery | Many women want to increase their beauty, and the first thing that comes to their mind is to perform an eyelid lift if they suffer from the problem of sagging eyelids, which improves the general appearance of the face and increases its attractiveness and freshness.
In this article, we will talk about eyelid surgery , the types of eyelid surgery, and we will also show you the techniques used in eyelid surgery, what is an upper eyelid surgery?, my experience with laser eyelid surgery, and what is the cost of an eyelid surgery in Turkey?
The eyes and eyelids of a woman have always been the ones that reflect her facial expressions and tell us about her psychological and physical condition. Therefore, sagging and sagging eyelids does not only affect the beauty of the face, but can indicate the amount of fatigue, exhaustion, and sadness that a woman suffers from.
It can also indicate progress in age, and sagging eyelids is a health problem that can affect vision and may cause a danger to life, especially when driving vehicles or using electrical equipment that rotates at high speeds. people, especially women.
Types of eyelid surgery
Types of eyelid operations include:
Upper eyelid surgery
It is a surgical procedure in which the doctor removes the skin and excess fat, and he may sometimes have to “remove part of the muscle in order to tighten the eyelids appropriately and in order to give the person who undergoes the operation a more youthful appearance,” and vision is also corrected if the sagging eyelids cause problems in vision.
Lower eyelid surgery
In this process, the specialist doctor removes the excess skin and the lunula from under the eye, which allows softening the area and reducing puffiness resulting from sagging of the lower eyelids, as this process gives the person who underwent it a more attractive and lively appearance, and it can also solve some of the vision problems that he was suffering from As a result of sagging lower eyelids.
Double surgery to lift the upper and lower eyelids
Lifting the upper and lower eyelids is a cosmetic procedure in which the doctor performs partial removal of the muscles along with the excess tissue that causes drooping and sagging of the upper and lower eyelids. Caused by sagging skin of the upper and lower eyelids.
Laser eyelid surgery
It is a cosmetic procedure in which a certain type of laser is used in order to get rid of sagging eyelids, where the doctor targets the inner layers of the skin using laser beams, which contributes to stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, which work to tighten the skin and increase its elasticity, which is what earns the subject person This process has a “more youthful” and lively appearance without the need for any surgical work.
Blepharoplasty, which is done to treat eye bags and swollen eyelids.
It is a surgical procedure in which the doctor removes swelling that may appear as a result of advancing age, as the muscles and tissues around the eyes gradually weaken with the passage of time. Also, fluid-filled bags may form below the eyes, which require the doctor to remove them during the blepharoplasty process.
Techniques used in eyelid surgery
There are many techniques used in eyelid lift surgery recently, including:
- Eyelid lift using laser beams.
- Using filler injections to tighten the eyelids.
- The use of surgical sutures to tighten the eyelids.
- Surgical work to tighten the eyelids.
My experience with laser eyelid surgery
I am Souad, fifty years old. My female colleagues have always been asking about the reason for my fatigue and whether I am in a bad mood most of the days, while I was happy. I do not suffer from any problem or fatigue in my life. When I sat more than once at the mirror and checked the details of my face, I noticed that The reason people frequently ask about my condition is because of the appearance of my eyes, where both the upper and lower eyelids were sagging.
And when I searched the internet for this problem, I was directed to undergo a consultation with a doctor who specializes in treating the problem of sagging eyelids, who in turn advised me, after studying my case and examining my face, that I need to perform an eyelid lift operation using laser beams.
After undergoing this operation, I became enjoying a more youthful and fresh appearance, as this operation contributed to removing sagging skin in the upper and lower eyelid area, and it also increased the elasticity of the skin in this area, which restored my self-confidence in front of others.
Eyelid surgery before and after
Instructions to be taken before eyelid surgery:
The patient should avoid smoking two weeks before the date of the operation, because smoking can delay the healing process and increase the time needed for that.
- The patient should also stop consuming alcohol, which causes dehydration of the body a week before the operation, because this contributes to maintaining body moisture, especially the skin, which speeds up the recovery process after the operation.
- The doctor can examine the patient’s eye to determine its ability to see peripherally and produce tears.
- The doctor may also ask the patient to take a picture of the eyelids from more than one angle to know the amount of skin that needs to be removed in order to ensure the best possible results in the eyelid lift operation.
- The doctor may also ask the patient to stop taking blood-thinning medications two weeks before the date of the operation.
- Also, the patient should stop taking foods and herbal supplements that contain vitamin E.
- Stop drinking and eating on the night of the operation and not wearing contact lenses and eyelid tapes a week before the date of the operation.
Instructions to be followed after eyelid surgery
- The patient must quit smoking and drinking alcohol for two weeks after the date of the operation.
- The doctor may advise you to rest completely after the operation for five days, while avoiding strenuous exercise.
- In some cases, your coughing or vomiting may lead to high blood pressure, and this may result in bleeding at the place of eyelid surgery.
- The patient should not worry about swelling of his eyelids and cheeks, as this swelling is considered as a side effect of eyelid lift surgery, and in most cases the swelling will disappear after two weeks from the date of the operation.
Also, the patient who underwent eyelid lift surgery should avoid exposure to radiation, as it may cause redness and sensitivity of the eyes, and if the patient is forced to walk around on sunny days, it is recommended to wear sunglasses that protect from the sun’s rays.
Eyelid surgery cost in Turkey
The cost of eyelid surgery in Turkey varies according to several factors, including:
- The experience of the doctor who performs the plastic surgery and the reputation of the center in which the operation is performed.
- The type of eyelid surgery that the person needs.
- The cost of equipment and raw materials used in eyelid surgery.
Accordingly, the cost of laser eyelid surgery in Turkey ranges between 2500-3500 dollars.