best iron supplement for pregnant women:
best iron supplement for pregnant women | is one of the necessities of a healthy pregnancy. There are foods that raise iron quickly for pregnant women and iron-rich drinks that help raise iron in the blood to prevent anemia (anemia) during pregnancy.
Iron deficiency for pregnant women may occur in the first months or may happen in the seventh month or in Eighth, this means that the pregnant woman is exposed to iron deficiency throughout pregnancy,
so we will introduce you in this article to things that raise blood for the pregnant woman quickly and what are the causes of iron deficiency for the pregnant woman and how can it be prevented? Read on to the end to maintain your health and the health of your fetus.
Anemia, pregnancy and iron deficiency:
During pregnancy, women are exposed to many psychological and physical changes and health problems, and the most prominent thing they are exposed to is anemia caused by a low level of iron in the body. Vital, especially during pregnancy,
which poses a threat to the health of the pregnant woman and the fetus together, as the body produces an additional amount of blood up to 4 liters, so it is necessary to immediately review and take appropriate treatments, in order to avoid symptoms and complications:
- Iron deficiency affects the fetus.
- The fetus needs iron in large quantities during the period of its formation.
- Then keep it up to 6 months of its life after birth.
Causes of anemia (best iron supplement for pregnant women):
- Heavy bleeding during previous deliveries or as a result of accidents.
- Menstrual bleeding or internal bleeding.
- Donate large amounts of blood.
- Genetic Disease.
- Having iron deficiency before pregnancy.
- Having a disease that causes anemia (sickle cell).
- An imbalance in the digestive system impedes the absorption of iron and nutrients.
- Pregnancy with more than one fetus (twins and more), to increase their need for iron, and the presence of anemia in the previous pregnancy.
- Sequential pregnancy (between the two pregnancies one year).
How is anemia checked for a pregnant woman?
- During the first weeks of pregnancy, a blood test is done to ensure the percentage of hemoglobin in the analysis is 110 grams during the first trimester of pregnancy and 105 grams in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
- A pregnancy test is repeated within a period of two to four weeks to check the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- This is checked by measuring the percentage of ferratin (a protein found inside cells; it is responsible for storing and releasing iron); As during pregnancy, feratin rises inside the body, and then begins to decrease gradually, until it reaches less than half the amount during the 32nd week of pregnancy.
- But if the results of the ferratin analysis are less than 30, we will need treatment with medicines.
Blood transfusion for pregnant women (best iron supplement for pregnant women):
- Taking care to treat anemia during pregnancy aims to avoid transfusion of blood to the pregnant woman during the delivery process because of its risks.
- But there are cases that require “immediate” blood transfusion, such as: severe bleeding, low rate of anemia.
- fruits that contain iron for pregnant women.
- Benefits of pineapple for pregnant women
- how do i know i am pregnant
Risks of anemia (best iron supplement for pregnant women):
- Negative effect on endurance function and muscle capacity.
- Inability to do physical activity.
- One of the causes of low birth weight babies.
- Iron deficiency in children.
- It is difficult for the mother to produce milk after childbirth.
Iron deficiency (best iron supplement for pregnant women):
- Iron deficiency is one of the most common causes of anemia, as the body uses iron to form hemoglobin, which is responsible for transporting oxygen to the cells of the body.
- In the event of a decrease in iron stores, a decrease in hemoglobin results, resulting in what is called anemia (iron deficiency).
- In the event of this deficiency, it is difficult for the body to compensate for the lack of food only without external treatment through iron tablets or syrup prescribed by the doctor.
- The rate of recovery and its speed depend on how well the body responds to the treatment, and it often takes several months for the results to appear.
Stop taking iron:
- before a colonoscopy.
- or after surgeries.
Therefore, make sure to consult a doctor with the following instructions.
When is it necessary to give a pregnant woman an intravenous iron injection?
- When anemia is detected after the 36th week of pregnancy, the injection is the fastest way to increase hemoglobin levels.
- This is done in order to preserve the health of the fetus and the expectant mother.
Side effects of intravenous iron injection:
- Feeling sick or vomiting.
- Muscle and joint pain.
- Change in taste and sense of metallic taste.
- Change in blood pressure or heart rate.
- The occurrence of some pigmentation on the skin due to iron deposition around the place of the needle with its rare occurrence.
Treatment of anemia (best iron supplement for pregnant women):
- By eating red meat and liver.
- Among the vegetable sources (such as: lentils and black raisins), and vegetables (such as: spinach).
- Folic acid: (such as avocado, leafy greens, broccoli, lentils and beets).
- Vitamin B12: (such as eggs, meat, seaweed).
Ways to prevent anemia:
- Keep checking hemoglobin.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- focus on sources of vitamin C; It improves iron absorption.
- Avoid exposure to infectious diseases or cause anemia blood (such as internal bleeding or external) Obed infectious diseases (such as malaria, or viral infections) that weaken the red blood cells.
At the end of the article best iron supplement for pregnant women:
In the article on best iron supplement for pregnant women, we have learned about foods that help raise iron for pregnant women, and if you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments.