chamomile tea benefits stomach and colon
chamomile tea benefits stomach
chamomile tea benefits stomach and colon Does chamomile reduce stomach acidity? What are the most important benefits of chamomile tea? How to use chamomile to treat the colon?
chamomile tea benefits stomach and colon:
chamomile tea benefits stomach and colon Does chamomile reduce stomach acidity? What are the most important benefits of chamomile tea? How to use chamomile to treat the colon? What are the damages of chamomile to the colon? What are the caveats of using chamomile?
What are the benefits of chamomile for the stomach and colon?
The benefits of chamomile for the stomach and colon, as chamomile is characterized by the following:
- Chamomile is distinguished by its beautiful fragrant smell, and it is from the same family as chrysanthemums and sunflowers.
- Chamomile flowers are also used in making tea, cosmetics, etc.
- Chamomile tea is known to reduce anxiety and help people sleep.
- It is also used to soothe an upset stomach and other digestive problems.
- Despite the reputation of chamomile in treating stomach problems, there is no scientific evidence to prove that it helps with acid reflux.
Does chamomile relieve stomach acidity?
Studies have shown that chamomile has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial capabilities.
- Acid reflux also causes stomach acid to return to the esophagus.
- This often leads to painful inflammation of the esophagus, and the anti-inflammatory effects of chamomile can help
- It is a herbal preparation containing chamomile extract to reduce stomach acidity.
- It is also known that stress is a common cause of acid reflux, and it can be a cause of GERD.
- GERD is worse than stomach acid.
- Studies show that feeling constantly stressed is the number one factor that makes symptoms worse.
- In theory, drinking chamomile tea might help reduce stress.
- Therefore, it may help reduce or prevent stress-related acid reflux episodes.
What are the most important benefits of chamomile tea?
Because chamomile tea contains antioxidants, it helps give the ability to regulate sleep, improve digestion, boost immunity, reduce stress levels, and soothe menstrual cramps. Due to its anti-inflammatory nature, it can help calm diarrhea and bloating. Regular consumption of chamomile tea in moderation also helps achieve Many health benefits that include:
sleep regulation (chamomile tea benefits stomach):
- Studies have shown that the use of chamomile tea helps to sleep, especially for people who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea and disturbed sleep.
- Drinking a warm cup of caffeine-free chamomile tea can also help you fall asleep faster and wake up feeling more refreshed
- It is also recommended to drink chamomile tea after childbirth for women to improve their sleep. You can learn about the benefits of chamomile for married women .
Reducing infections (chamomile tea benefits stomach):
- If a person suffers from stomach irritation, ranging from mild bloating to symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Chamomile tea can be very beneficial, and its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties can be very effective in treating stomach and intestinal cramps.
Reduce Irritable Bowel Syndrome (chamomile tea benefits stomach):
- Chamomile tea, when consumed regularly, helps relieve symptoms of colic, nausea, muscle cramps, stomach flu, and gastroenteritis.
- Where studies have shown that when consuming chamomile tea, it can contribute to the movement of gases and regulate bowel movement in a smoother way.
- It can also relieve stomach ulcer pain and spasms.
Lowering blood sugar levels (chamomile tea benefits stomach):
- Studies show that chamomile tea can be beneficial for people with diabetes.
- It helps in lowering blood sugar levels and regulating the amount of insulin in the blood.
Improve heart health:
- Chamomile tea can have the effect of lowering blood pressure and harmful cholesterol levels, making the heart healthier.
- It can also reduce the occurrence of problems that affect the heart and blood vessels.
Strengthening the immune system:
- The phenolic compounds in chamomile tea can help strengthen the immune system and ward off infection.
- Other compounds found in chamomile tea also fight cold, flu, and sinus problems.
- Which leads to the relief of congestion.
Reducing stress and anxiety:
The warm and soothing nature of chamomile tea can help increase the levels of serotonin and melatonin in the body, which contribute to successfully overcoming stress and anxiety.
Chamomile tea can treat migraines, as it helps to relax and thus can lead to the elimination of symptoms of anxiety as well as chronic stress, as well as alleviating symptoms of depression in women after childbirth.
- Where chamomile extract can help stimulate the activity of cells that build bone.
- Thus, it helps increase bone density and may reduce the harmful effects of osteoporosis.
Reducing the pain associated with the menstrual cycle:
Because of the anti-inflammatory nature of chamomile, this makes chamomile tea a popular choice for women who suffer from PMS symptoms, beginning with bloating, cramping, tension, sweating, inability to sleep and mood swings.
How to use chamomile to treat colon?
Studies show that chamomile can relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, which causes severe abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and changes in stool.
The results of the studies showed that symptoms improved significantly in the second week after the start of consumption of chamomile extracts by a group of patients, and the improvement of symptoms continued after stopping treatment, and chamomile may also contribute to reducing stomach cramps and ulcers.
Where chamomile is a disinfectant and “relaxant” for the stomach muscles, and despite the benefits of chamomile for the health of the digestive system, and to provide a feeling of comfort for people suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, it is advised to consult a doctor before adding chamomile to the daily diet.
Chamomile can be used in the form of tea, and it is prepared by adding a tablespoon of chamomile to hot water at a temperature ranging from 90-95 degrees Celsius, and in the absence of a water thermometer, the water can be boiled and then left for a minute to reduce its temperature slightly, then pour Water and leave the chamomile for a period ranging from 6-7 minutes.
What are the effects of chamomile for the colon?
After we learned about the benefits of chamomile for the stomach and colon, let us know the damages of chamomile to the colon:
- It is recommended to consult a doctor before using chamomile for people with irritable bowel syndrome.
- German chamomile is often considered safe when ingested in moderate quantities, and it is also likely to be safe when ingested in therapeutic quantities for a short period.
- It should also be noted that its long-term safety is not yet known.
- As for pregnant and lactating women, there is not yet sufficient and reliable information about the safety of consuming chamomile during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Contraindications to the use of chamomile
We have known the benefits of chamomile for the stomach and colon, but there are some caveats. The caveats of using chamomile include the following:
The use of chamomile may cause an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to other plants of the star plant family, such as ragweed, chrysanthemum, velvet, chamomile, and other herbs.
People with hormone-sensitive conditions:
Chamomile may be similar in the way it works with estrogen in the body, so it is not recommended to use it if a person has any condition that may worsen when exposed to estrogen,
Chamomile can interact with anesthesia for surgery, so it is advised to avoid using it two weeks before surgery.
At the end of the article on the chamomile tea benefits stomach and colon:
We have learned about the chamomile tea benefits stomach and colon, and if you have questions, you can leave them in the comments.